Tuesday, December 26, 2023

About the censorship of fanworks on Archive Of Our Own

If you came here looking for a post about censorship of fanworks on Archive Of Our Own, well, guess what happened? I got a takedown notice for it and, although I can't view the request to verify this, I'm sure you can guess who (probably vindictively) submitted the request. I'm obviously disputing the takedown as being without merit but they force people to take down the post until the dispute is resolved. So maybe bookmark this page and come back in a week or two? Since I have no way of knowing which part of the post is allegedly infringing the DMCA since I can't view the takedown request and since I don't believe any of the post was actually infringing, I can't just repost part of it. Thanks for your understanding!

Update: It's back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment